Sunday 21 December 2008

Chronic Barodka - adventures in Messe


Japan is wonderful place if you are willing to fully get in the swing. For me this has involved experimenting with the range of energy drinks on the market. Yesterdays experiment was with one that I would describe as being as close to rocket fuel as I have ever encountered. Compared to RedBull 'Real Gold' is rocket fuel. Also it has a rather enticing colour as you can see.
A Cheeky nose and a flavour akin to the sweat of a scared child.
As any energy drink mixologist knows the true test is mixing the energy drink with alcohol. Yesterdays offering was Sky Vodka - they make everything in America now.

As is was set to be a long night I thought I should crank it up a notch and mix in some good old British know how - Berocca. From now on the 20th of December will be known as Berodkas birthday.

The bubbles made for an interesting change of pace.


Blin - the hottest craze to hit Japan

Birtles and Kaori





Matching outfits are apparently quite the thing over here...



Hawtin was incredible


The food on offer was a curious choice of 'special meat miso and rice' which i thought sounded a bit too mysterious..... at first. So I had a crack at a 'moffle' which held a delicious white chocolate surprise in the middle. The only problem was that it seemed to be made of polystyrene which was a bit of an issue.
The miso turned out to be quite nice but also looked a bit iffy kind of greyish and watery but after the berodka it tasted rather nice. In saying that though paint thinners might have tasted nice after berodka.

Phone charms are big business in japan - mainly for teenage girls, I refuse to be outdone by that demographic in any way shape or form so I have been pimping my phone with everything to do with Mario that I can get my grubby little mitts on.

The aftermath of a night on the berodka, May was as always effortlessly hot, while I managed a curious whiff of someone who lives
in solitary confinement...

No comments: